IMPORTANT UPDATE - COVID-19
Out of an abundance of caution scil animal care company has decided to cancel all in person events including scil Vet Academy courses until it is safe to host them again.
We are still committed to delivering the highest quality pertinent CE delivered by leaders in the veterinary industry, therefore our instructors have adapted their in person lecture content to be delivered online. Please take advantage of these webinars in Abdominal ultrasound, Echocardiography, MSK Ultrasound, Soft Tissue and Orthopedic Surgery that you can learn at the live presentation or take in the recording afterwards.
Advanced Doppler Webinar
Description & details
This course will address advanced Doppler techniques and diagnostics. At the conclusion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate diastolic function as it applies to cardiomyopathies in cats.
- Evaluate of left ventricular filling pressure and the risk for development of congestive heart failure in dogs.
- Evaluate systolic function beyond fractional shortening and systolic chamber size.
- Determine the presence of subclinical dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs.
- Assess the risk of thrombus development in cats with cardiomyopathy.
- Use echocardiographic methods to evaluate for the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension when there is no tricuspid or pulmonary insufficiency.
- Attendees should be able to obtain a basic 2D echocardiographic study and have basic knowledge and experience in color flow and spectral Doppler.