IMPORTANT UPDATE - COVID-19
Out of an abundance of caution scil animal care company has decided to cancel all in person events in March and April including scil Vet Academy courses. This is not a decision we have made lightly given our commitment to continuing education in the veterinary industry, but feel that this is the most responsible and proactive approaching to help protect our employees and our customers. If you have any questions please contact us at 1-866-382-6937
Advanced Doppler Webinar
Description & details
This course will address advanced Doppler techniques and diagnostics. At the conclusion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate diastolic function as it applies to cardiomyopathies in cats.
- Evaluate of left ventricular filling pressure and the risk for development of congestive heart failure in dogs.
- Evaluate systolic function beyond fractional shortening and systolic chamber size.
- Determine the presence of subclinical dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs.
- Assess the risk of thrombus development in cats with cardiomyopathy.
- Use echocardiographic methods to evaluate for the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension when there is no tricuspid or pulmonary insufficiency.
- Attendees should be able to obtain a basic 2D echocardiographic study and have basic knowledge and experience in color flow and spectral Doppler.
Feb 19-20 and Feb 25-26 12PM-3PM EST